A typical home inspection will last two to three hours and will provide the client with detailed information about the property. All conditions of the property will be recorded for reference. I use a 400 point inspection process with digital pictures and detailed descriptions that enable the client to understand problems, potential problems, safety hazards, as well as positive attributes of the property. This in turn will allow the client to make an informed investment decision.
The goal of a property inspection is to reduce the fear of the unknown and to educate the client about their potential future home.
What Does a Typical Property or Home Inspection Cover?
- Roof, Vents, Flashing, & Trim
- Gutters & Downspouts
- Skylights, Chimney, & Other Roof Penetrations
- Decks, Stoops, Porches, Walkways, & Railings
- Eaves, Soffit, & Fascia
- Grading & Drainage
- Basement, Crawlspace, & Foundation
- Water Penetration & Foundation Movement
- Heating System
- Cooling System
- Carbon Monoxide Testing
- Main Water Shutoff Valve
- Water Heating System
- Interior Plumbing Fixtures & Faucets
- Drainage Sump Pump With Accessible Float
- Electrical Service Line & Meter Box
- Main Disconnect & Service Amperage
- Electrical Panels, Breakers & Fuses
- Grounding & Bonding
- Fireplace Damper Door & Hearth
- Flammable gad leak detection
- Thermal Imaging and Moisture Meter Testing
- and much more..
Types of Property or Home Inspections:
As a home inspector who cares about your needs. I encourage the client to attend and participate in the process of the inspection. Participation will enable the client to fully understand the generated report and learn about their new property. Participation will also be informative concerning future maintenance issues to keep the property in good working condition and avoid potential problems.